5 mins + overnight soaking
Urad dal/black gram
Chana dal/Bengal gram
1. Wash and soak all the above in water overnight (8-9 hours)
2. Drain the water, add curd and grind it into a smooth batter.
3. Let the batter ferment
4. Add salt to taste
5. Take a guliyappa pan and grease all the moulds with little oil.
6. Heat in medium flame.
8. Now flip around the guliyappa’s and cook it for another 3-4 mins.
9. Remove the guliyappa’s and serve them hot with coconut chutney.
10. Nonstick guliyappa pans are available in any departmental stores.
Can add grated ginger, finely chopped coriander leaves , finely chopped onions to the batter.
For yummy chutney to go with Guliyappa go to: