Lemon Rasam / Kattu Saaru
A rasam variety for when the tummy feels heavy and you need light lunch/dinner and when you are recovering from cold/fever to wake up your taste buds!! Also called as Kat Saaru.
Toor Dal / Split Pigeon Pea / Togari Bele
Asafetida / Hing
A small piece
1. Cook dal in the pressure cooker.
2. Chop tomato into small pieces.
3. Grate ginger and finely chop green chilies too.
4. Once the pressure goes down, take the dal out.
5. Add 2 cups of water to the dal in a different cooking pan and set it on a medium flame.
6. Add chopped tomato, ginger, curry leaves and green chillies.
7. Now add turmeric powder, salt and sugar to the dal.
8. Let it boil.
9. Meanwhile season with mustard and cumin seeds and add this to the dal.
10. Cook for a couple of minutes and switch off the stove.
11. Squeeze lemon juice and garnish with the coriander leaves.
12. Goes well with Hot Plain Rice and Lime Pickle