Multi lentil Guliyappas is a variation of Guliyappa / Paddu
5 minutes + Soaking Time
Bengal Gram/Chana dal
Pigeon Pea/Toor dal
Black Gram/Urad dal
1. Wash all the above ingredients and soak for 4-5 hours.
2. Drain the water and grind them into a smooth batter.
3. The batter should neither be too thick or too thin.
4. Allow the batter to ferment.
5. Now add salt to taste
6. Take a guliyappa pan and grease all the moulds with little oil.
7. Heat in medium flame.
8. Pour the batter into each mould and cooks it for 3-4 mins with lid closed.
9. Now flip around the guliyappa’s and cook it for another 3-4 mins.
10. Remove the guliyappa’s and serve them hot with coconut chutney.
11. Nonstick guliyappa pans are available in any departmental stores.
12. Additional options:
13. Can add grated ginger, finely chopped coriander leaves , finely chopped onions to the batter.
For yummy chutney to go with Guliyappa go to:
An alternate recipe for Guliyappa (different ingredients and taste too!) go to: