Chunky Channa Masala
6 Minutes + Overnight Soaking
Kabuli Channa/Garbanzo beans
Ginger garlic paste
Red chilli powder
Channa masala powder
1. Soak the channa overnight.
2. Add water and cook the channa in the pressure cooker along with bay leaf and ½” cinnamon.
3. Pressure cook for up to 3 whistles.
4. Dice one onion and tomato each and keep aside.
5. Chop the other onion and tomato finely.
6. In a pan, add a little oil, other 1/2 “ cinnamon, onion and tomato and then stir fry till there is no raw smell.
7. Allow the pressure to go down and then open the cooker.
8. Take 2 spoons of the cooked channa and grind it with the stir fried tomato and onion to a smooth paste.
9. Add remaining oil in a pan on medium flame.
10. Once the oil is hot add the finely chopped onions and fry for 5 minutes. Now add ginger garlic paste and fry till there is no raw smell.
11. Add the powders one by one.
12. Add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. After this add the ground paste and cook for 5 more minutes.
13. Add the cooked beans along with the water which was used while cooking the beans and adjust the gravy.
14. Cook for another 10-15 minutes and switch of the gas.
15. Garnish with coriander leaves.
16. Goes well with Indian bread and rice.
Post a Comment