To Sprout Moong Bean / Moth Bean
1. First wash the beans and soak them in the water for 8-12 hours. The beans double up in size.
2. Drain the water and rinse the beans. Drain water completely.
3. Take a muslin cloth if any or you can use a large paper towel (kitchen towel). Put the soaked and drained beans and cover it with the same.
4. The beans are needed to be kept damp and aired so that there no chances of mould or spoiling. Remember that they should not be wet.
5. Small (little) sprout starts showing up in another 8-12 hours.
6. If you want the roots/ sprout a bit long than let them stay for 2 more days.
7. Take them off once they have sprouted. Transfer them into a clean and dried box and refrigerate them. They stay fresh for 6-7 days long.
Note: In general I soak moong bean, moth bean, black bean all together or all separately.
Post a Comment