Phool Makhana Dahi Chaat
We love chaat. They perk up everything that it is added to, including these roasted makhana. Slightly tangy, sweet, spicy crisp makhana combine with chopped onion and tomatoes to make Makhana chaat. Quick crispy makhanas get drenched with sweet yogurt that takes just a few minutes to prepare.
Makhanas are popularly known as phool makhanas, lotus seeds, fox nuts. Makhanas gaining popularity as the new superfood. You can eat them roasted or raw, you can also make easy and interesting recipes with them in no time!
o 2.5 Cups Makhanas
o 1 Big onion finely chopped
o 2 Finely chopped medium sized tomatoes
o Green Chutney
o Dates/ Sweet Chutney
o 2 cups Yogurt
o 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
o 1 Tsp chaat masala
o Fine Sev
o Chopped coriander leaves
· Heat a pan add the makhanas and roast them in low to medium heat. Press one makhana and break for checking, if it’s crispy enough it will break easily otherwise roast them more. Takes about 3-4 minutes to roast.
· Once they are roasted take them out in a mixing bowl.
· In another bowl prep the yogurt/ curd mixture. Whisk the curd and add the powdered sugar, give a quick mix.
· Add the sweet curd to the roasted makhana, combine well.
· Start assembling for the chaat. Serve the sweetened makhana in a serving bowl. Top it will desired amount of green chutney and date chutney. Add chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, coriander leaves and chaat masala.
· Garnish with fine sev and serve.