My family is big fan of soups, minestrone is an enhanced vegetable soup.
This soup is easy to make and relish. Minestrone soup is a healthy soup recipe full of fresh veggies like tomatoes, celery, carrots, onion, zucchini, beans, and spinach in a perfectly & richly seasoned tomato sauce vegetable broth base.
I did not have small shell pasta, instead added small penne pasta and satisfied our soup craving.
o ½ Cup small shell pasta
o 1 Chopped onion
o 5-6 Celery stalks chopped
o 1 large Zucchini chopped
o 2 Medium carrots chopped
o 2 cup baby Spinach
o 1 cup chopped basil
o 4-5 Finely Chopped Garlic
o 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
o 1 Tsp chilli falkes
o 1 tsp Italian spices
o 1 Cup Tomato Puree
o 1 Cup canned white bean
o 1 Cup Canned Red beans/ Kidney beans
o 1 Tbsp. Oil
o 4 Cups Water/ Vegetable Broth
o Salt to taste
o Parmesan cheese
o Chopped Parsley
· Heat oil (I used Avocado oil) in a pot. Add chopped onion and chopped garlic and Saute it for couple of minutes.
· To this add Zucchini/ Carrots/ celery and give a quick mix.
Note: Canned beans can also be used; you need to drain the canned one. Here in this recipe I have soaked the beans for 4-5 hours and pressured cooked it with water and salt up to 1 whistle. Drained the water and used the bean J.
· To this add all the spice powders. Give a good mix and sauté this for 2-3 minutes.
· Add tomato puree and spinach and basil 4 cups water, salt and let it boil. You can use vegetable broth instead of water. Add the white beans, kidney beans and pasta to the pot. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender
· Once it boils well, turn off the stove.
· Top the soup with the parsley and cheese and Serve.