GOODU SAARU/ INSTANT SAARU
Goddu Saaru is a spicy Rasam made without adding dal. A very easy method of Saaru(in kannada) or Rasam. A bit spicy, warm and soothingly effective during cold weather. This dish which can be made when you do not want an elaborate procedure and yet want a comfort and filling meal. Acquired this recipe from Amma.
o 1 Tbsp Urad Dal
o 1 Tbsp Toor Dal
o ½ Tbsp Coriander Seeds
o ½ tsp Pepper
o 5-6 Dry red chillies
o 1 Tbsp shredded Desiccated coconut/ Kopar
o ½ Tsp Oil
o ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
o Tamarind paste to taste
o Jaggery to taste
o Salt to taste
o Curry leaves
o Coriander leaves to garnish
o Mustard Seeds
o A pinch of hing
· Heat a pan with little oil and fry the urad dal, toor dal, coriander seeds, peppercorn and red chillies on a low to medium flame till you get a nice aroma. Let it cool
· Once it is cooled add desiccated coconut and grind it with a little water to a smooth paste.
· Transfer the paste into a cooking vessel.
· Add turmeric powder, tamarind paste, jaggery and some water and adjust the consistency of the Rasam/ Saaru.
· Bring it to a boil, add the curry leaves.
· Prepare the seasoning and pour it over the boiling rasam/ saaru and switch off the stove.
· Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Post a Comment