Brussels Sprout Rice
|Brussels Sprout Rice|
A simple and delicious Brussels Sprout Rice hard to resist! It may sound strange, but it tastes really good and very easy to make with lemon and garlic flavor in it.
Brussels sprouts are rich in many valuable nutrients. They are an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin K. Not only are Brussels sprouts a good source of protein, iron and potassium, but they also offer other benefits that can boost your overall health.
o 1 Cup packed shredded Brussel Sprouts
o 1 Cup Basmati Rice
o ½ Finely Chopped Onion
o 1 Tbsp. Peanuts
o ½ Cup Mixed Sprouts ( Green Gram and Moth)- Optional
o 3 Green Chillies
o ½ Inch Ginger
o 3-4 Pods Garlic
o Lemon Juice
o ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
o 1 Tbsp Oil or Ghee
o 1 Tsp Mustard
o Salt to taste
o Grated Fresh coconut and finely chopped Cilantro.
· Heat oil/ghee in a pan. Make the seasoning with mustard.
· Once the mustard add the peanuts and let it roast. Add finely chopped onion and finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute it for couple of minutes.
· To this add the shredded Brussel sprout and saute for a minute or so.
· Add the rinsed and drained basmati rice, mixed sprout and turmeric powder. Give a good mix. Saute this for 2-3 minutes.
· Add 2.25 cups water, salt and lemon juice to taste and cook the rice.
· Once the rice it done garnish with shredded fresh coconut and cilantro and serve with Cucumber Raita.